Frequently Asked Questions
Both the Double Trouble Twin and Single Prams are currently only available in black.
Single Pram – The toddler pram seat can recline into a flat position when the toddler seat is in both the forwards and rearward facing positions.
Twin Pram – The toddler seat that is closest to the front wheels have a three position recline with upright being the first position. The toddler seat closest to the handlebar has a two position recline with upright being the first position. This seat can therefore not recline completely flat.
Single Pram – https://www.double-trouble.co.za/single-pram-dimensions.htm
Twin Pram – https://www.double-trouble.co.za/twin-pram-dimensions.htm
Single Pram – Yes, it comes standard with a cup holder.
Twin Pram – No, it does not come with a cup holder.
Single Pram – 6.2kg
Twin Pram – 11.5kg
Single Pram – The single pram can fold with the toddler seat facing forwards only.
Twin Pram – Both toddler seats will need to be removed in order to fold the twin pram.
Both the bases can accommodate the Cabriofix, Pebble and PebblePlus Group 0 car seats. The difference is in the Group 1 car seat that installs onto the base. The FamilyFix accommodates a Group 1 car seat called the Pearl (9 – 18kg). The Pearl can only be installed facing forwards. The 2WayFix accommodates a Group 1 car seat called the 2WayPearl. This seat can be installed onto the 2WayFix from 6 months in the rearward facing position. The 2WayPearl will be rotated to face forwards at 15 months up to 18kg or 105cm.
ISOFIX car seats and bases have 3 ISOFIX points:
- 2 ISOFIX connectors (metal bars) fit on the anchor points (metal clips) at the base of the vehicle seat.
- A top tether or support leg
The top tether anchor point is on the boot floor or the back of the seat bench. In most newer cars it’s highlighted with the top tether logo. The top tether hook of the car seat needs to be firmly attached to the hook, to secure the third ISOFIX point.
The support leg is on the floor of the car between the back and front seats (when installed on the rear bench) or between the front seat and dashboard (when installed on the passenger seat). To work correctly, the support leg of the car seat should be stable.
If you use a support leg, it is very important to check whether the floor of the car has a floor storage compartment.
If it has, you must check the car fitting list / instruction manual to see how you can use a support leg in combination with the compartment.
i-Size is a European car seat safety regulation that came into force in July 2013. It’s part of the R129 regulations and applies to new car seats for babies and young children up to around four years old. i-Size was developed using the very latest research into child safety in cars.
What makes i-Size safer?
- Children have improved head and neck protection
- Babies and toddlers up to 15 months old must travel in rear facing car seats
- You have to use ISOFIX – a system that makes the car seat easy to fit correctly in the car
- i-Size car seats will fit almost all ISOFIX cars
- You choose a car seat based on your baby’s length, rather than weight.
How is my child better protected by i-Size?
Rear facing car seats
These offer maximum protection to babies and toddlers by spreading most of the impact in a frontal collision.
Before July 2013, babies could be moved into a front facing car seat at approximately 9-12 months, which we learned was not old enough. The new regulation makes it mandatory for children to remain rear-facing for at least 15 months.
Side impact standards
This gives your child better protection if you’re hit side-on.
It’s much harder to install an i-Size car seat incorrectly as it doesn’t rely on guiding a seatbelt round it. i-Size car seats simply click onto your car’s ISOFIX anchor points, and they fit almost all cars with ISOFIX.
Because you can choose your i-Size car seat based on length rather than weight, your growing baby can stay in the seat for longer.
My car seat conforms to the previous regulation. Must I upgrade to i-Size?
No. i-Size doesn’t replace the previous regulation for the moment – it gives you another option when you buy a car seat. You can be confident that the i-Size option complies with current car seat laws.
- You can place an order and pay online using the online store.
- Should you wish to purchase via EFT then please email us on email@example.com, phone or contact us via the enquiry form on the Contact Us page.
- Send us your full name, delivery address, contact number and the items that you wish to purchase.
- We will send you a quotation with our banking details.
- Once payment has been received we will dispatch your products.
Double Trouble offers free delivery to all major hubs or major centres.
- Aliwal North
- Bloemfontein (Hub)
- Cape Town (Hub)
- Durban (Hub)
- East London (Hub)
- Johannesburg (Hub)
- Port Elizabeth (Hub)
- Pretoria (Hub)
- Port Shepstone
Any other centres (‘Regional Areas’) may be subject to a surcharge. Please contact Double Trouble at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quotation should you reside in a Regional Area. Should you purchase on the online store the “Request a Quote” will appear.
Delivery to major centres takes 3 – 4 working days from day of dispatch. Regional Areas will take an additional 24 – 48 hours. Orders placed and paid for before 12:00 will be dispatched the same day provided all the items are in stock and all the delivery details have been received. Orders placed and paid for after 12:00 will be dispatched the following working day.
- This is a door to door service.
- Deliveries will take place between 08:00 – 17:00, weekdays, Monday to Friday only.
- Deliveries on a Saturday will be subject to a surcharge.
- A tracking number will be e-mailed to you once the parcel has been couriered. All shipments can be tracked online.